I have made an executive decision to terminate my Bittman in My Kitchen blog and publish all the recipes I either invent or take from cookbooks right here.
and now back to cooking....
I feel like I haven't cooked in quite a while and I really miss it. On Monday Anna and I went shopping and bought random produce hoping that we'll be able to make some meal plans from our collection of fruits and vegetables. I then remembered that I have not made anything from Mark Bittman's cookbook in at least a month, and decided to correct that travesty: thus, Coconut Butternut Squash recipe! Thanks Anna for you help :)
butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1/2 to 1 inch size
salt & pepper
cilantro to garnish
1) heat oil in a pan, add ginger and garlic and cook until they turn color and the aroma comes out
2) add curry powder, cook a few minutes
3) add butternut squash, coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper
4) bring to a boil, cover, turn the heat down and cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring a few times
5) after 15 minutes, take the cover off, turn the heat up and cook till the tenderness you prefer
6) serve with cilantro
This would be great to make with sweet potatoes or even carrots. Give this a twirl :)