With the price of food increasing, I feel horrible throwing groceries away. Today, instead of throwing away the produce that has seen better days, I decided to make soup.
Broccoli, Celery & Cheese Soup
Ingredients (sorry, there are no amounts: I just used whatever I had in the fridge)
Chicken broth, water
Cut up broccoli
Cut up celery
Cut up onion
Salt & Pepper
1) Bring chicken stock and water to boil in a pot
2) Add vegetables (make sure they are covered in the liquid: add extra water if needed)
3) Cook the vegetables till tender
4) Puree the vegetables with the liquid in the food processor
5) Add plain yogurt and chunks of cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
6) Pour back into the pot, reheat, and serve garnished with fresh dill and tortilla chips on the side
Thoughts: I had more liquid than I wanted, but no potatoes to thicken the soup. Still, it turned out surprisingly well, keeping in mind the vegetables would have gone in trash otherwise.