This recipe is inspired by Chefs Gone Wild's Spaghetti Alla Carbonara.
Instead of getting my apartment ready to be repainted, or packing for my trip to Montreal (!!!!), I was thinking hard about what to make for dinner. I decided to give spaghetti alla carbonara a try. I have made this dish a while ago, and let's just say it did not turn out well.
And then before I even started, I hit a roadblock: I had no spaghetti! And no cheese! (Last night, out of boredom I at all of the shredded Parmesan I had). I decided to use orzo instead. And that's how I came up with Orzo with Bacon and a Poached Egg.
4 strips of bacon, cut
1/4 cup of sliced onion
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 tablespoon of capers
1 poached egg
1. In a hot pan, cook bacon until almost crispy
2. Add onions and garlic to the pan with bacon and cook until the onion and garlic are tender
3. To the pan add cooked orzo and capers
4. While the pasta (orzo) is getting friendly with the bacon, onions, garlic and capers, poach an egg
5. Put orzo et. al. in a bowl, make a well, and put a poached egg into the well
6. Season with black pepper and cilantro
7. Break the egg with a fork, and mix everything together