4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 onion, sliced
1 inch of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 clove of garlic, sliced
2 cups of milk
1) In salted water cook sweet potatoes and carrots till tender.
2) In oil cook onions, ginger and garlic, adding cumin and curry powder to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Puree cooked sweet potatoes and carrots, with onions/garlic/ginger and some of the cooking liquid
4) Tip: add 2 cups of milk to an empty blender to "clean" it and get all of the leftover vegetable puree. Add the milk back to the pot with the rest of the blended vegetables and heat through.
5) Adjust for salt & pepper, adding cumin and curry if necessary.
6) Serve with chopped cilantro and a dollop of sourcream.
Note: this will freeze great!
P.S. Jenny, recognize the backdrop? :)