Not being a huge fan of rosemary, I decided to make something infused with rosemary's woody flavor instead of using a lot of it. And so came about Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes & Pork Rosemary Kabobs.
3 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices (about quarter of an inch)
2 sprins or rosemary, needles removed
16 ounces ground pork
1/8 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoon sweet pepper sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F with a cookie sheet inside.
2. In a bowl combine potatoes, rosemary needles, oil, salt & pepper.
3. Once the oven is at 450 F, roast the potatoes in a single layer for 20 minutes, flipping them after 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, minced rosemary, sweet pepper sauce, salt & pepper in a separate bowl.
5. Use "empty" rosemary sprigs (the ones without needles) as skewers: form kabobs from the pork mixture, put the "skewers" through them and cook in an oiled pan until brown and cooked through.
Definitely give this a try.