Hi, guys and girls. I'm home for the 3rd day in a row...still sneezing, coughing, etc: not a pretty picture!
But in the meantime, I thought I'd share with you a super easy recipe for Cabbage with Bacon and Onions. This dish came about because I had a head of cabbage sitting in the fridge and a few strips of bacon: voila!
5 bacon slices, cut into pieces
1/4 onion, thinly sliced
1 head cabbage, quartered, core removed, thinly sliced
salt & pepper to taste
optional: soy sauce, hot sauce, mustard
1. Heat the pan. Add bacon and onions and cook for 8 minutes. If there is a lot of fat on the bottom of the pan, remove some of it.
2. Add cabbage, mix with onions and bacon, cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1/3 cup water, mix everything together, cover and cook for 3 to 10 minutes, depending on how soft you want the cabbage to be.
4. At this point you can add soy sauce, hot sauce, mustard, or just eat as is.
5. Serves 4 people.
This was a very easy dish to prepare, yet packed with flavor!
1) How do you cook your cabbage?
2) What do you think of these new large photos? Too much?