I'm not sure why, but ever since I've come back from Seattle, I've been insanely tired. Last night I was planning on going dancing and had to make something quick for dinner. I decided to grill some zucchini to go along with Sofregit.
Sofregit (recipe adapted from Jose Andres)
2 tablespoons oilive oil
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bay leaf
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add all ingredients and cook for about an hour till they are soft.
Note: I had this part of the recipe made a day before. It's really good either cold or hot and can be served over pasta, with eggs, or over fish.
1-2 zucchini, per person
salt & pepper
1. Since I don't have a grill, I used my George Foreman grill. Heat the grill.
2. Meanwhile, cut off the ends from the zucchini and cut them into planks lengthwise.
3. Brush the zucchini planks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill zucchini for 8 minutes using George Foreman grill. (I am not exactly sure how long it'll take on a regular grill).
Ladle some of the Sofregit in a bowl and top off with grilled zucchini (I built a mini tower). If you have cheese, feel free to add some on top. Same goes for fresh herbs (I, alas, did not have any on hand).
Dancing did not happen.