I absolutely love Indian food. I don't make it too often because typically there are a zillion ingredients involved, but last week I was craving something warm, fragrant and homey. I decided to come up with an easy recipe for Pea and Tomato Curry.
1 tablespoon sunflower oil, or any other neutral oil
1 inch ginger, peeled, mircorplane-d
3 garlic cloves, microplane-d
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 can coconut milk
12 ounces peas (I used frozen ones and just defrosted them before using them in the recipe)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (Thanks, Radha!)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and red onion and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add spices and cook for another minute.
3. Add coconut milk, stir, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add peas, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, cook for 1 minute. If you want your tomatoes to be mushy, cook for a longer amount of time.
6. Serve over rice or noodles.
This dish was great for leftovers for several days to come. You can add other vegetables into it as well: cauliflower, potatoes, peppers, etc.