A while ago I received an email from Nasoya asking me to make a little video for them to use on their website. I was really excited and asked my friend Radha for help. She came over on one Sunday and taped me: it only took 3 tries! So far, I've been having difficulties getting Nasoya to put my video on their site, but you can see it here (or scroll to the bottom of the post!).
And now, the recipe: Italian Sausage Wontons
1 pound Italian Sausage
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
2/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
Nasoya wonton wrappers
1. Combine Italian sausage with green peppers, red onion and Parmesan. Since the Italian sausage already has enough spices, there is no need to add more.
2. Using a biscuit cutter, cut circle shapes from rectangular-shaped wrappers.
3. Add about a teaspoon of the mixture to each wrapper, "paint" the edge of the wrapper with water, fold it in half and make little pleats.
4. Once all the wontons are done, heat oil in a pan, add the wontons in one layer and brown for about 4 minutes.
5. VERY CAREFULLY add about 1/3 cup water into a pan, quickly cover it, lower the heat and steam for 5 minutes.
6. Test one wonton to make sure the filling is cooked.
7. Serve the Italian Sausage Wontons with tomato sauce and extra Parmesan cheese.
This was a very easy recipe to make and quite filling!