You guys! My persimmon obsession is finally under control, but there is a new ♥ in my life. In fact, there are two new loves: pomegranate molasses and pomegranate arils. This past weekend I made THREE recipes, and each one included both the pomegranate molasses and pomegranate arils. Huge thank you to Cecilia for giving both of these to me since I could not find them in my store.
The first recipe I will share with you is a perfect winter salad that takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, doesn't have lettuce in it, and is absolutely gorgeous.
A Perfect Winter Salad: Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Pomegranate
butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
salt & pepper
blue cheese, crumbled
1. Heat a skillet on medium high, add olive oil, allow it to warm up and then add sliced butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes on each side or until the butternut squash is golden on the outside and tender inside.
2. Arrange the butternut squash slices on a plate, drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and a bit of olive oil and top with pomegranate arils, crumbled blue cheese and cilantro leaves.
1) use sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash
2) try feta instead of blue cheese
3) add toasted nuts
4) use grapes instead of pomegranate arils
For other pomegranate recipes, check out
Blueberry & Pomegranate Popsicles
Mango Flan with Pomegranate Concentrate
Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
Arugula, Pomegranate & Fig Salad
POM Marinated Pork Tenderloin
POM & Cherry Pancakes
And here are some of my other recipes with butternut squash:
Butternut Squash & Corn Chowder
Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup with Chorizo & Chickpeas
Now YOU tell me which food ingredient you are obsessed with!