I'm a day late for Meatless Monday, but this Soba Noodles with Vegetables and Tofu recipe is really awesome any day of the week for lunch or dinner. You basically choose whichever vegetables you like, add tofu, soba noodles and a few aromatics, and you have a quick, healthy and colorful meal. If you happen not to like soba noodles, use spaghetti, orzo or even rice. I'm not the boss of you ;)
Soba Noodles with Vegetables and Tofu
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch broccoli, chopped (stems and florets separated)
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 garlic cloves, sliceed
1 red pepper, sliced
14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
soy sauce to taste
sriracha to taste
cooked soba noodles (about the same amount as the rest of the ingredients put together)
chopped fresh cilantro
toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat the oil in a skillet, add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add broccoli stems, ginger and garlic and saute for 5 more minutes.
3. Add the broccoli florets, red pepper and tofu and season with soy sauce and sriracha. Saute until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add cooked soba noodles and combine.
5. Serve topped with cilantro and sesame seeds.
If you have extra time, I'd recommend browning the tofu cubes in oil before adding to the dish. But it's not completely necessary.
You can also mix in a bit of peanut butter into this recipe for a nutty flavor!