I love carbohydrates. Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, give it all to me!! When I was shopping at Home Goods earlier this month, I saw a bag of pretty Cappellacci shaped pasta and decided to pick it up. Paired with broccoli rabe, Meyer lemon from Limoneira and a few other simple ingredients, this is a perfectly beautiful and delicious dish for Meatless Monday or any day of the week.
Cappellacci Pasta with Broccoli Rabe & Meyer Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
juice of 1 large Meyer lemon
good sprinkle of salt
good sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1/2 pound cooked Cappellacci pasta (or use any shape you like)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and saute for a few minutes.
2. Add broccoli rabe and saute until it wilts on medium heat: be careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Add Meyer lemon juice and season with salt and red pepper flakes.
4. Add cooked pasta and mixed all ingredients together.
5. Check for seasoning and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
This is great for lunch or dinner and keeps well as leftovers: you can even add a fried or poached egg on top and a bit of grated cheese.
What pasta dishes have you cooked lately?