Guess who got to develop another recipe for Sabra!? ME!!! I'm really excited about what I created this past weekend and hope you'll make it soon. How about today? These Spicy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Sliders With Sabra's Jalapeno Hummus are perfect for Meatless Monday!
Disclosure: Sabra compensated me for my time and skills (ha!) and provided samples of their product. All opinions are my own.
The great thing about using jalapeno hummus is that it adds all the necessary spices to the sliders. Also, you can use as little or as much of the jalapeno "topping" to get the desired heat level. Finally, because I used hummus as the binder instead of eggs, I was able to taste the mixture before cooking it to decide if I did want to add salt or pepper.
Spicy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Sliders With Sabra's Jalapeno Hummus
Makes 8 sliders or can be turned into 3-4 patties
1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled, cubed, cooked in olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper until tender
1/2 cup black beans (I cooked my own)
3 tablespoons jalapeno hummus, more for the rolls
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar
1 tablespoons chopped chives
8 mini yeast rolls, halved, toasted
3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1-2 teaspoons lime juice
8 tomato slices
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, lightly mash sweet potato cubes and black beans. Add hummus, cheese and chives, and mix to combine. Taste and add salt if needed.
3. Make 8 patties.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with oil and bake the patties for 10 minutes on each side. BE CAREFUL when flipping the patties because they are pretty delicate: you don't want them to break.
5. Spread a bit of hummus on the bottom of each roll and top with a patty.
6. Mash together avocado, Greek yogurt and lime juice. Season with salt. Top each patty with the avocado crema and a slice of tomato. Finally, add the top part of the roll.
If you have a few of these patties left over, heat them the next day and serve with a fried egg for breakfast! Make sure to check out other recipes I developed using Sabra products!