Mushrooms With Corn & Potatoes In Garlicky Lemon Wine Sauce
Serves 1 hungry person
6 fingerling potatoes, halved
1.5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
salt & pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves, minced
kernels from 1 ear of corn
1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
1/2 lemon, juiced
red pepper flakes to taste
3 basil leaves, chopped
1 slice Fontina cheese, chopped
1. Cook fingerling potatoes in salted water till tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute for 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and corn and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes and simmer until the liquid has been reduced by half.
5. Add cooked potatoes to the mushroom and corn mixture and finish cooking with the last 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Serve immediately garnished with basil and cheese.
I LOVED this dish. You can add pasta instead of potatoes, or serve the mushroom and corn mixture on top of a grilled pork chop. It'll also be a great base for a fritatta.