When it's too hot too cook, I either don't cook, or make something broiled. For some reason, heating a broiler seems more reasonable than heating an oven. Maybe it's that things cook quicker under the broiler?
I made the above-pictured dinner a week ago and it was really good. The star of the show, so to speak, was the dipping sauce!
Sweet Potatoes, Broccolini & Chicken Sausage With Lemony Tahini Sauce
1. Heat your broiler.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2" thick rounds, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and aleppo pepper.
3. Broil the sweet potatoes for 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, coat 1 bunch of broccolini with olive oil and season with salt. Slice a chicken sausage.
5. Turn the sweet potato rounds over and add broccolini and chicken sausage and broil for another 5 minutes.
NOTE: depending on how much you want the broccolini to be cooked, you may want to broil it for longer than 5 minutes, but make sure to take out the sweet potatoes, or they'll get burned.
6. Make the sauce by mixing together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons tahini, 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and salt to your liking.
This also keeps well as leftovers and can be eaten at room temperature!