This Quinoa & Chickpea Bowl With Kimchi is a super quick, delicious and versatile Meatless Monday recipe you can make for lunch or dinner and have leftovers for the next few days.
This is not really a recipe. It's more of an idea or a guide.
1) Start with quinoa: I sauteed mine in a bit of olive oil before topping it with boiled water and cooking till tender. It takes about 20 minutes. Use red or white quinoa, or mix it up.
2) I topped the cooked quinoa with chickpeas I made in my pressure cooker. You can use canned ones.
3) For the dressing, I mixed mustard with lemon juice, olive oil, a finely minced garlic clove, splash of red wine vinegar and salt & pepper. I used a larger amount of lemon juice and vinegar than olive oil for a more acidic taste.
4) Pour the dressing over the warm quinoa and chickpeas mixture so that it gets absorbed faster!
5) Now for the fun toppings: think texture, color, and flavor. I chose dill, red onions, kimchi and Marcona almonds.
I recommend you keep all of the components separately and put together your bowls right before eating. This way, the almonds will stay crunchy, and the aroma of kimchi will not be super overwhelming ;)