While I've been eating everything in sight in New Orleans these past four days, I know that once I'm back to DC, my diet and exercise routine will come back to a more balanced picture.
In fact, before I whisked myself to the city of beignets, Bourbon Street, and really friendly people, I made it a point to eat better and exercise daily (well...other than the day I went shopping and spent over an hour trying on clothes. But that's basically cardio, right?).
Below is a vegan lunch I made before my vacation that required very little preparation or cooking time. It's also a great way to clean out your fridge before vacation.
Vegan Beets, Sweet Potatoes And Brussels Sprouts
Here's what you do:
1. Cube beets, dice sweet potatoes, halve Brussel sprouts.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add beets and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and saute for additional 5 minutes.
4. Add Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and saute until all the vegetables are tender.
5. Serve the vegetables topped with olives, smoked almonds and sliced avocado.
This is a great filling lunch!