Tonight for dinner I made pork tenderloin marinated in mustard, thyme and garlic and roasted with red onions. Yes, I don't keep Kosher :)
10 branches of thyme, leaves removed
2 garlic cloves, microplane-d
2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pork tenderloin
2 red onions, cut in half and sliced thickly
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add pork tenderloin, cover and marinade for several hours.
3. Heat an oven-proof pan, add a bit of oil. Add the pork tenderloin to the pan and sear it for a few minutes on all 4 "sides." Add the onions to the pan while searing the pork.
4. Once the pork is seared, put it in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 (this is according to Anna. I had the pork in the oven till the temperature was 150, and it still was pink and juicy!).
5. Let the pork rest for about 10 minutes before cutting, and serve with roasted root vegetables.
P.S. have I mentioned how much I hate that it gets dark at 6 pm??? It makes it so hard to take nice pictures...the last one turned out horrendous.