And so Saturday morning I decided to make an Indian Inspired Omelet with Ginger and Tomatoes (thank you Kenny and Radha for tomatoes!!).
Ingredients for 1 serving
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons neutral oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 inch ginger, peeled, minced
1/4 red onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 eggs + 1 tablespoon water, whisked
salt & pepper to taste
1. Toast cumin seeds in a hot non-stick skillet.
2. Add oil, garlic, ginger and onions and cook till onions are soft.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
4. Pour the egg mixture over ginger/garlic/onion/tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the eggs to set.
5. Top with fresh basil and serve with yogurt.In other news, have I mentioned that I'm now a Senior Editor for Robyn Webb's blog? You'll not only see my posts there (different from the ones on this blog), but also my photographs :) Enjoy!