Happy Monday! It's especially happy for me because I have a day off :)
Here is the 2nd to the last mushroom recipe using Marx Foods mushrooms. I had some phyllo in the freezer and decided to make phyllo filled mushroom appetizers. Of course you can eat them as a meal with a salad as well. Hope you enjoy these.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 large onion, finely diced
5 cups sliced mushrooms
salt & pepper
1/4 cup white wine
6 thyme sprigs
1/2 cup ricotta
1/2 c Parmesan
olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and cook till translucent.
3. Add mushrooms, salt & pepper, thyme and wine and cook till everything is tender. Remove the thyme sprigs.
4. Let the mixture cool. Add ricotta and Parmesan. Mix. Taste for seasoning.
5. Layer 3 sheets of phyllo dough on top of one another spraying with olive oil spray in between. Then using the same technique for making spanakopita, make little triangles. Alternatively, just make cigar shaped pastry.
6. Spray the finished product with a bit more oil and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Let cool a bit before eating.
What's left? I made mushroom soup over the weekend and will be posting it later this week.