This recipe is inspired by Simone, who has a gorgeous blog called Junglefrog Cooking. She recommended I make a pasta dish with all the mushrooms I won from Marx Foods. Here's my adaptation of her original recipe.
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to the package instructions [I broke my spaghetti in half before cooking to make the eating process easier]
2 leeks, white parts only, halved, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
4 cups sliced mushrooms (choose whichever kind you like or have available)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup Parmesan
garnish: toasted pecans, fresh mint, ParmesanDirections
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add leeks and garlic and cook for 7 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
3. Add white wine and let it cook out.
4. Add in cooked pasta, cream and Parmesan cheese and cook for two minutes.
5. Serve garnished with toasted pecans, fresh mint and more Parmesan.This pasta dish was incredibly easy to prepare and had great bold flavors. I decided to use mint very last minute, but it actually went great with the cheese, cream and the mushrooms.
The dish re-heated well as leftovers, which is a big thing in my book! I hope you give this a try. I'm also going to submit it to Marx Foods recipe contest...more on this later.