Before anyone says anything, I know that prosciutto is not Kosher, and that eating meat with milk products is not Kosher. Luckily, I don't stick to these rules.
And now to an awesome latkes recipe with red onions and parsley, served with browned prosciutto and sour cream.
2 Yukon potatoes, peeled
1/4 red onion
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons minced parsley
oil for sautéing
toppings: cubed and browned prosciutto, sour cream, more parsley
1. In a food processor grate potatoes and onions. Squeeze out all the liquid.
2. Mix potatoes and onion with an egg, salt & pepper and parsley.
3. Heat oil (I used avocado oil) in an iron skillet.
4. Form latkes and cook 4-6 minutes on each side. (For best results, use a fish spatula to flip them).
5. For a meat free and kosher dish, serve with sour cream and parsley.
6. If you love pork, add some browned prosciutto!