This morning for breakfast I had a light WASA crackers with some Laughing Cow Cheese. That's not my idea of an ideal breakfast. Also, the light WASA crackers taste like cardboard: from now on, I'm sticking to the original ones.
What's my idea of a great breakfast you ask? Well, it definitely includes eggs. This weekend a friend was visiting from out of town and I only had a few hours to spend with her in the morning. You make sacrifices for friends, right? Even if it means waking up at 8 am after a night of salsa. Friends are worth it!
When I was trying to decide what to make for breakfast, I remembered I had some giant tortillas left in the refrigerator and thought Why not make breakfast burritos? Seriously, it's one of the easiest things to make and you can customize it to your likes and dietary restrictions.
Breakfast Burritos (for 2)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 jalapeno finely chopped
3 small cooked red potatoes, diced
2 strips turkey bacon, diced
3 eggs, whipped with a bit of whipping cream (whipping cream is optional: I just happened to have it on hand)
2 scallions, finely chopped
1. In a skillet heat oil, add onions and jalapeno and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in potatoes and bacon and cook until bacon becomes a bit crispy and potatoes have browned.
3. Scramble the eggs with salt and pepper. Don't overcook them!
4. Spoon potato/bacon mixture on one side of a tortilla. Top with scallions and Cheddar.
5. Add scrambled eggs, cubed avocado and salsa. The eggs will immediately start melting the cheese.
7. Cut in half and eat immediately!
What to serve with this? Mimosas of course!