It it hot and humid where you are? Or are you just looking for a fun non alcoholic summer drink? Either way, you are not going to regret making this Watermelon, Strawberry & Mint Aqua Fresca.
I made this drink after purchasing Marcella Kriebel's Comida Latina. The book is nothing like I've ever seen before: each recipe is illustrated and there are pages filled with helpful tips, definitions, and even Spanish names for everyday cookware equipment.
Last week I actually took a watercolor class taught by Marcella!! It was so much fun ;)
1. Add everything to a blender and puree till perfectly smooth.
2. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and refrigerate the clear liquid for at least 30 minutes.
3. Pour the Watermelon, Strawberry & Mint Aqua Fresca into glasses, add a straw and a strawberry as fun decorations and drink!!
I'm looking forward to experimenting with different fruit combinations to make other varieties of aqua fresca!
Two questions for you:
1) What's the latest cookbook you've purchased?
2) What's your favorite flavor of aqua fresca?