What do you get when you combine a baked sweet potato with corn, red pepper, onion and Sabra's Supremely Spicy Hummus? You get a super cute looking dish that is easy to make, fun to eat, and is good for you!
If you are afraid of the heat, feel free to use any other flavor of hummus or even go with the plain variety, but in that case add a bit of salt and pepper.
Sweet Potato Balls with Sabra's Supremely Spicy Hummus Makes 14 balls
1 huge baked sweet potato, peeled and mashed
kernels from 1 ear of corn
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 sweet Vidalia onion, diced
5 ounces Supremely Spicy Sabra Hummus
1 teaspoon salt
10 basil leaves, chopped
1 cup panko crumbs to serve: salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients but panko crumbs and salsa.
3. Using a scoop, make 14 balls and carefully roll them in panko crumbs.
4. Place the balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Serve with salsa.
1) These balls will be super light and tender: be careful when handling them.
2) If you want, you can sauté the corn, onion and red peppers instead of using them raw.
3) You can also form the mixture into patties instead of balls and sauté those in olive oil in a skillet or even fry them!