Happy Friday! It's almost the weekend!!! Hard to believe last week at this time I was in CA discovering the beauty of Yosemite after spending a few days learning about Sabra's salsa. You can read all about it in my Wednesday post.
In that post I mentioned that I teamed up with Sabra to create 3 recipes with their salsa and today I'm sharing the first one: Sabra Salsa Burger with Peaches, Avocado & Sriracha Mayo.
I decided to add salsa inside the burger patties for the following reasons:
1) salsa adds excellent flavor
2) salsa keeps the beef burgers juicy
Make sure to try this recipe this weekend and also check out Sabra's special website for their salsa line where you can find videos of farmers singing to tomatoes, coupons, sweepstakes and recipes.
Sabra Salsa Burger with Peaches, Avocado & Sriracha Mayo
1 pound ground beef
1 cup Sabra's pico de gallo salsa, drained
salt & pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
4 slices Pepper jack cheese
4 Kaiser buns, toasted
1 peach, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
serve with boiled corn on the cob
1. In a bowl mix together ground beef, drained salsa, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper. Form 4 patties making sure the middle of each is thinner than the outside: that way when the burger cook, the middle will puff up and you'll end up with flat burgers instead of having a puffed up center.
2. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet and cook the patties 3-5 minutes on each side depending on how rare you like yours to be. Right before the burger is almost done, top each with a slice of cheese, cover the skillet and cook an extra minute or so until the cheese completely melts.
3. Combine mayonnaise with sriracha to make the sauce: use whichever quantity you want.
4. Smear each side of the Kaiser rolls with the sriracha mayonnaise. Then build your burgers with the rest of the ingredients.
Here are mine!
These burgers were divine: juicy, well seasoned, messy and filling!
Disclosure: Sabra compensated me for recipe development. All opinions are my own.