A few weekends ago I made pancakes with mango and bourbon maple syrup. They were delicious. Even though I halved the recipe, I still had some of the batter leftover. Instead of throwing out the leftover batter, I saved it in the fridge and turned it into Kimcheesy "Pizza" Pancake the next day.
WHAT!? Pizza made from pancake batter!? With Kimcheese!? What's Kimcheese!? Calm down ;) I basically used the leftover pancake batter and topped it with kimchee and cheese!
I realize this combination of flavors may not be for everyone, but I liked it and that's why I'm sharing it with you here ;)
What To Do With Leftover Pancake Batter: Kimcheesy "Pizza" Pancake
leftover pancake batter
kimchee, chopped into bite pieces
shredded cheddar (or any other cheese you like)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet that can go under the broiler.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. Whisk leftover pancake batter and pour it in a thin layer into the skillet making sure to cover the bottom of the skillet fully. Heat the skillet with the oil on the stove.
4. Once the surface of the large pancake solidifies slightly, top it with kimchi and cheddar cheese and let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Put the skillet under the broiler until the cheese bubbles.
6. Slide the pancake out of the skillet, top with parsley, cut into wedges and eat immediately.
You don't even need a fork for this: just use your fingers! I loved the combination of the slightly sweet pancake batter with the spicy kimchee and sharp cheddar.
I bet this would be awesome with an egg on top ;)