Last night after work I went grocery shopping to make dried cherries and orange scones. I then made those scones. But that's not really a dinner food, is it?
Anna and I were going dancing, so dinner had to be quick. I had two bone-in chicken breasts in the fridge. Here's what I did:
1) juice a lemon
2) slice a few cloves of garlic (I used Purple Mexican Garlic I found in the store, but the taste is pretty much the same as your "normal garlic")
3) season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides
4) have a few teaspoons of capers ready to go
5) cook chicken breasts in a "stick" pan for 5 minutes on each side in oil (I used Canola). Add the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes.
6) Add the capers, lemon juice, and put the entire pan into the 375F oven for 15 minutes
8) I served the chicken with chickpea/tomato/cucumber/red onion salad with lemon juice/olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing.
Thoughts: this must be one of the easiest and most satisfying ways of cooking chicken breasts. The meat comes out juicy, and the whole dish takes less than 30 minutes: take that, Rachel Ray! :) The lemon juice mixes well with capers and the garlic, and the butter adds a bit of a sweetness to balance off the flavors.