I'm so happy I don't keep kosher. Because if I did, how would I be able to eat all the wonderful pork products? Right, I would not.
When it comes to cooking pork, however, I've had my share of struggles. Finally, however, I have managed to cook a perfect pork tenderloin (idea 1, idea 2, idea 3). But those are pretty expensive. This time, I decided to experiment with Panko Crusted Pork.
flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup Panko crumbs
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
2 boneless center cut porkchops (about 1 inch thick)
1. Set up shallow wide bowls: first one with seasoned flour, the second one with the beaten egg, and the third with panko crumbs and Parmesan.
2. Pat your porkchops dry with a paper towel, then dip them into flour (both sides!) and shake off the excess flour.
3. Dip the chops into the egg mixture and then into the panko/Parmesan mixture.
4. Meanwhile, heat sunflower oil in a stainless steal pan (do no use non-stick).
5. Cook porkchops for 4 minutes on each side (do not feel tempted to move them around!!!). Let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
NOTE: the pork will still be slightly pink inside!
I was insanely pleased with how the pork came out! Juicy, flavorful, crispy on the outside!!! I served the porkchops on top of a lettuce/tomato/cucumber/red onion/cilantro salad.If you have any other wonderful ideas for cooking boneless porkchops, please share them!