Do you recycle in your kitchen? I try my best to recycle plastic bottles, boxes from pasta, occasional can of Diet Pepsi and metal cans from tomatoes.
What about recycling ingredients though? One of the simplest ingredients to recycle is the liquid from your favorite jar of pickles. Use that liquid to make quick Refrigerator Green Beans!!
Recycling in the Kitchen: Cheater Refrigerator Green Beans
All you need is the following
1) jar of your favorite pickles: eat the pickles, save the liquid
2) green beans, ends trimmed
3) large pot of boiling water
Here's what you do:
1) add the beans to the pot of boiling water for just a few minutes
2) drain the beans and add directly to the liquid remaining in the pickle jar
3) let the beans cool down on your kitchen counter and then refrigerate for a few days before eating
How easy is that????
You can do the same with broccoli, summer squash, peppers and even watermelon!! Do NOT boil the watermelon though ;)
How do YOU recycle in your kitchen?
Any fun cooking weekend plans?